Friday, April 8, 2022

Thinking About Chocolate! by Author Nancy Lee Badger


I admit that I think about chocolate all the time. Is there anything so delicious? The price of everything is skyrocketing. We need to buy cautiously and get back to baking and cooking from scratch. Delving into my recipe box (yes, us older folks still keep files with recipes written on index cards!) I found the following:

Nancy's Homemade Cocoa Brownies

1 cup butter, melted

1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 cups sugar or equivalent sugar substitute

2 teaspoons vanilla

4 eggs

1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Look what I made!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom of 13 inch by 9 inch pan. Melt butter and add to electric mixing bowl. In another bowl, mix together cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. To the melted butter in the mixer bowl, add the sugar and vanilla and mix on medium until smooth. Add eggs one at a time and mix 2 minutes until well blended. Slowly add the flour mixture. Beat until smooth. Add nuts (optional) and mix well. 

Spread in the pan and bake 30 minutes. Knife inserted should come out fairly clean or until brownies pull away from sides of the pan. Cool. 

Grab a glass of milk and a book and relax. Find all my available books HERE and check out a few suggestions of books by North Carolina authors I know: 




Enjoy the spring weather and keep safe. Someone I know and love came down with Covid recently...it is still out there!
Nancy Lee Badger


No comments:

Post a Comment