Friday, April 15, 2022

Highland Games are Back! Photos by Nancy Lee Badger


Hubby, son Eric, and I attended last weekend's Loch Norman Highland Games in Huntersville, North Carolina. It is held normally annually about three hours southwest of Raleigh and just north of Charlotte at the Rural Hill Historic site. 


We watched a blacksmith create tools

and weapons over a hot air-fired furnace.

We attend the Loch Norman Highland Games every year EXCEPT in 2019, because my dad had recently passed and I was too busy helping mom in Florida to think about the games. The games were canceled in 2020 and 2021.  


The rock band SEVEN NATIONS was awesome!

Taking a chance to attend these games was fulfilling, especially taking photos of the historic encampment site AND of my favorites...the Highland cows. 


Recognize 15 year old Bubba? 
I used his image from about five years ago
 to make my book cover for LOVE, HAMISH


More to come, or you can check out my Facebook page HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment