Friday, April 29, 2022

More Highland Games photos by Author Nancy Lee Badger


As I mentioned in a previous post, hubby, son Eric, and I attended the recent Loch Norman Highland Games in Hu
ntersville, North Carolina. It is held annually about three hours southwest of Raleigh and just north of Charlotte at the Rural Hill Historic site. Since I am soon releasing a new Scottish historical novel, I took tons of photos and am sharing a few here again, including my favorites, the turning of the caber and the  Highland cows.


                                                    Turning the caber 

(aka a telephone pole-sized log!) 

And yes, that is a woman doing it!


Wrestling: all ages, girls and boys...


Throwing the stone. Yikes!


A large and really authentic historical village,

from the Pics to the Continental Army Scots.


Click here to watch a little of the

SEVEN NATIONS Concert





And my cover model... Bubba!

This year, travel more and try experiencing a Scottish festival! 

No comments:

Post a Comment