Friday, March 5, 2021

Sunshine Chicken and a book from Author Nancy Lee Badger



My mom, my sister, my husband, and even me received our 1st Covid-19 vaccine. Finally, I see sunshine at the end of the tunnel! Once we get our 2nd shot, we will relax and simply enjoy spring. Because of this hope on the horizon, I am sharing my 'sunny' recipe. And, yes...my daffodils have sprouted!

Nancy's Sunshine Chicken

Grab a big COVERED frypan at least 10 inch diameter

2-3 teaspoons curry powder (depends on how spicy you want it)

1 1/4 teaspoons salt (divided)

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1 1/2 Cups orange juice

4-6 boneless chicken breasts (I cut into 2 in. by 4" pieces, or smaller)

1 Cup uncooked Minute Rice or instant Brown Rice

3/4 Cup water

1 Tablespoon brown sugar

1 teaspoon dry mustard

chopped parsley (optional)

Combine curry, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and pepper. Lay chicken on wax paper on counter. Sprinkle both sides with dry mixture. Set aside.

In a 10 in. or 12" covered skillet, combine orange juice, rice, water, brown sugar, mustard, and the remaining salt. Arrange chicken over rice mixture. Bring to a boil.

Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Don't lift lid! Remove from heat and let sit covered about 5 minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with parsley. 


This tangy, sweet meal will feed four people. If only two of you, refrigerate the rest. Making food from scratch with no preservatives is a healthy alternative, not to mention the fruit and protein. Entertainment during this pandemic is also healthy to a person's well-being so remember to 

READ BOOKS

For a quick, romantic, hot, and adventurous story read Heaven-sent Warrior, available as a ebook or print book. This 1st book in my Warriors in Bronze series is a time-travel paranormal set mainly in present day North Carolina. Find all buy links 

HERE

Please keep warm & stay healthy!

Nancy Lee Badger

No comments:

Post a Comment