Friday, February 26, 2021

Easy Apple Crisp and a book by Nancy Lee Badger

 

This week's shared recipe might not be a low sugar treat, but it is quick and easy and devouring apples can help keep you young.

Nancy's Easy Apple Crisp

4 Cups peeled, sliced apples

3/4 Cup packed brown sugar

1/2 Cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cups rolled oats (I use quick oats)

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon all spice or pie spice mix

1/3 Cup cold butter, cut into cubes

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place apple slices in an ungreased 8 inch baking dish.

In a bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, oats, and spices. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.

Bake 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender. Let cool or serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yum!


This recipe reminds me of when we went apple picking with our two boys in the orchard up on a hill in New Hampshire. Fresh and juicy! Since my second book in my Opportunity Falls series starts in New York City but ends up in New Hampshire's White Mountains, I thought this recipe and book would go well together.

Making food from scratch with no preservatives is a healthy alternative to store-bought. Entertainment during this pandemic is also healthy to a person's well-being so remember to READ BOOKS. 


The full-length novel is available at a fantastic low price. The print version is available as well. Find all buy links HERE

Please keep warm & stay healthy!
Nancy Lee Badger

2 comments:

  1. Yummy is right! So easy to make, as well. I tried using Equal non-sugar and it worked. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time on your blog! I am so excited to read all your books and try these yummy recipes! P.S. I am happy my mother told me we are related!

    ReplyDelete