Friday, March 26, 2021

Chocolate Chip Cookies from Author Nancy Lee Badger


Life is getting super busy and I keep praying I am up to the task. Scheduling the vaccine for me, hubby, and mom was tougher than it should have been, but I am thrilled we are vaccinated. Assisting my adult son in moving out of his apartment has strained many muscles but I consider it a way to get ready to go back to the gym. I am hard at work finishing up my second book in my Treasure Tales series, a historical romance set in northern England and Scotland. I will get the edits done on The Duke's Diamond after I finalize a fantastic ending, so it can join The Earl's Treasure. Coffee and cookies are my secret to getting through it all!

Nancy's Soft & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover two large baking sheets with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Otherwise use ungreased cookie sheets.

2 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon Crisco or similar shortening

3/4 Cup sugar ( I use Splenda)

3/4 Cup brown sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 eggs

2 Cups chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet)

Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside. Cream together Crisco, sugars, vanilla. Add eggs one at a time. Mix to make sure all are blended. Add dry ingredients, slowly. Fold in chocolate chips and drop by heaping teaspoons onto cookie sheets, leaving about two inches between for spread. Bake about 8 minutes, or until lightly browned on edges. Do not overbake! Let cool on cookie sheets about 5 minutes then slide onto a rack. Repeat and enjoy!

These cookies are delicious and go well with a big glass of milk, too. Making food from scratch with no preservatives is a healthy alternative to store-bought cookies. 

Entertainment during this pandemic is also healthy to a person's well-being so remember to READ BOOKS. 

For a quick, romantic, hot, and adventurous time-travel story set in Scotland, Raleigh, North Carolina, and Cape Hatteras, please check out 

HEAVEN-SENT HIGHLANDER

the 2nd book in my Warriors in Bronze series.

It is available in ebook and print from many sources

Find Buy Links HERE

Keep safe and enjoy Spring!

Nancy Lee Badger

No comments:

Post a Comment