Friday, September 15, 2017



By the time you read this I should be working hard at the New Hampshire Highland games that have taken place for 42 years. Side-by-side with my family and good friends (many who I only see once a year) we serve under the Information Tent. We help visitors find the locations of the caber toss, the sheepdog trials, the food courts, the vendor tents, the restrooms, and the lost & found, and we do a lot to make the games run smooth.
Thor 'The Mountain' photo by Nancy Lee Badger
While Volunteering at these games for years (this will be my 21st time) I got the idea for my Scottish romance novels. How could I watch thousands of kilted hunks, such as Hafþór Júlíus "Thor" Björnsson, who you might know as 'The Mountain' or 'Sir Gregor' on Game of Thrones, walk by along with bagpipe players and marching bands without dreaming up sinister or sensual plots?



You can find all my books on my blog's book page HERE 
Later, I will tweet and post photos on Facebook. The games run from today (the 15th) until Sunday the 17th.

*I will have several autographed copies of Shimmer: The Beginning as well as my Clan of Dragons novels with me, available for sale. Find me at the Information Tent next to the Parade Grounds. For info on the games click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment