Friday, January 13, 2023

What Friday Means to Me


January is half over and the weather is up and down here in Raleigh, North Carolina. The days are getting longer and the holiday decorations are boxed up and returned to the attic. Family health problems and my own recent eye surgery are keeping me from doing what needs to be done but better days are on the horizon.


I am writing this on a special day to me. You see, I was born on a Friday a LONG, LONG TIME AGO. The saying goes that "Friday's child is loving and giving." Is that true? Maybe so, but I consider myself extra special for having also been born on the 13th of a month that landed on a Friday. 


The odds of being born on Friday the 13th is 1 in 214. This means that over the long years (since the 13th lands on a Friday only once or twice a year) 1 in 214 people will be born on my special day.



So...whenever there is a month where the 13th falls on a Friday, I celebrate!


p.s. the next one is in October 2023


Find all my book links HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment