Friday, March 25, 2022

Wicked Easy Chicken Dinner

Spring is here! I am no Spring Chicken but the longer days can find me writing, editing, making covers, and doing my best to get my next book out to my readers. A hard-working writer has to eat, so here is a recipe I modified from my Aunt Almeda's yummy recipe.

Her Creamy Swiss Chicken Casserole is yummy and can feed a lot of people when baked in a 13 by 9 pan. This week, I only had a few items in the frig and added other items to make more intimate version. 

Nancy's Creamy Chicken for Two

1 large Chicken Breast, halved and flattened

2 Swiss Cheese slices 4 x 8

1 Can Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Chicken Soup

1/4 cup milk (I used 2%)

1/2 cup stuffing Mix (I used stove top)

1/4 cup melted Butter

8 oz. sliced mushrooms (optional)

1/4 teaspoon butter (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Place chicken in bottom of 9 by 9 inch pan. Lay cheese on chicken. Mix undiluted soup with milk and pour over chicken. Toss stuffing on top and pour on melted butter.

Place in preheated oven for 50 minutes.

I added mushrooms. I sautéed mushrooms in a little olive oil in a hot pan until soft, added 1/4 teaspoon butter and stirred until melted. When the chicken had about 15 minutes to go, I removed the  pan and added the  mushrooms on top. Return to the oven. 

After removing it, cover with foil until ready to eat. I popped some canned biscuits in the oven and served together. 

While I ate my yummy creation, I went back to writing the third full-length story in my Treasure Tales series. I call it The Rogue's Ring. It follows this novella and these two full-length books.


Find Buy Links for ALL my books HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment