Friday, March 4, 2022

On Winning an Award - Smiling!


I was pleasantly surprised during my local Romance Writers of America chapter's Zoom meeting. They announced the 2021 winner of the Christine Hyatt Award. Named for a founder of our chapter, it is awarded to a member of the Heart of Carolina Romance Writers whose membership has helped the chapter in some way.

i was very surprised and pleased to receive this honor! As a writer, belonging to a group of writers such as HCRW makes writing alone at my desk easier. I look forward to the monthly meetings, but we also keep in contact via emails and social media. I look forward to returning to in-person meetings!




I received two plaques. One is the annual award and the other describes all I have done for the chapter over the years, including my reign as its president several years ago. I also was given a lovely bracelet and was taken to lunch by two volunteers. Thank you to all the members of the Heart of Carolina Romance Writers for thinking of my and what I have accomplished as a member.

Are you a writer or wondering how to get more help from other writers? Consider joining RWA and HCRW. We would love to help you grow!

...and check out all my books HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment