Friday, February 5, 2021

Choc-Chip Scottish Shortbread from Author Nancy Lee Badger

I have shared this recipe in the past when I was promoting one of my first novels.

MY HONORABLE HIGHLANDER was a very successful self-published novel, the first in a series. I appeared as a guest on a blog that featured author's books and recipes. Since my characters enjoyed Scottish shortbread, I shared this yummy and easy recipe. 

The book is available many ways (see below) The idea came to me while volunteering with my family at the NH Highland Games. The games were canceled last fall, so I fill my days baking and sharing recipes.

Nancy's Chocolate-Chip Scottish Shortbread

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. 

1 Cup butter, softened

1 Cup sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 Cups all-purpose flour

1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)

Beat together butter and sugar. When light and fluffy, add vanilla and salt. Slowly add the flour and mix well. Gently fold in the chocolate-chips. 

CHOICE #1: Divide in half. Press into two 8 inch round pans, or 9 inch springform pans, or shortbread molds. Bake at 375 degrees for about 18 minutes, checking that the edges are golden and the middle looks fairly solid. Makes 16 thick, soft wedges.

CHOICE #2: Divide into four sections. Place in four pans and bake each about 12 minutes. Makes 32 thinner wedges.

Do not overcook! When you bring the pans out of the oven, score the cooked dough into wedges using a fork. Cool completely. Turn pans upside down on racks to fully cool. Break apart and enjoy!

These cookies contain calories and are vERY filling, so pair them with a bowl of fruit and a hot cup of Highland tea. 

Entertainment during this pandemic is healthy to a person's well-being so remember to READ BOOKS. 

For a romantic, hot, and adventurous story set in New England and Scotland, please read:


Audio Book available at:




EBOOK @ AMAZON

ALL OTHER LINKS



PART OF A 4-BOOK BOXED SET

AMAZON

2 comments: