Friday, June 17, 2016

Happy Father's Day

Dad & me Father's Day 2016
Some people think Father's Day is a celebration of fathers, but it means different things to different people. At this writing, I am lucky my father is with us (he turned 91 years old at the beginning of this month).

Writers are naturally curious, so I did some research. The holiday was started in the United States in the early twentieth century. Although you might think it is the same as our Mother’s Day holiday, it is not as popular as Mother's Day. More research found that Father’s Day only became official in 1972. Mother’s Day started in 1914. I am not sure why it took so long to recognize dads…the real dads, whether biological or those who have taken in step kids or adopted children, but they all count.
I was out of the house by the time Father’s Day started back in '72, and I hope I did not ignore the concept. (Dad, did I send you a card at least?) I have always loved my dad, and appreciated him the best I could...well I did present him with two grandsons.
Robert & Eric Badger 
Don’t forget your father on Father’s Day.

*share your thoughts with my readers!


Nancy Lee Badger
Proud daughter of Robert Beegle 




Amazon         AmazonUK  



No comments:

Post a Comment