Saturday, February 5, 2011

Time flies when you are WRITING

It has been awhile since I have posted, but I have an excuse. I have been writing. Writing is my full time profession. It is time consuming, hair-pulling, heart-wrenching....

I have enjoyed meeting other writers for breakfast, and lunch, and have shared chapters with query partners, while giving them feedback about their chapters. I've worked on our family taxes, worried about owning two ancient cars that could drop dead at any moment, and am planning my husband's birthday trip.

World news is filled with crazy stuff. Family members have suffered illnesses. Their pain affects me in many ways. Luckily, I am still well, so accepted a fellow writer's offer to join her and another friend for a weekend at the beach. No, the North Carolina coast is not the best place in February and the rain has come down for two days straight, but the ability to write, edit, and ask for opinions is a real treat.

As I write this blog post, I am sitting in a coffee shop, the only Internet available. I can't wait to get back to the beach house and continue my writing...shoes off, a hot cup of tea or a glass of wine by my seat, and no interruptions.

Heaven!

WEEKEND PROGRESS REPORT:
     1)I have polished chapters eight and nine of HEAVEN SENT WARRIOR. I plan to begin submitting the completed single title contemporary paranormal to agents sometime next month.
     2)I have polished the first 4 chapters of SPELLBOUND HIGHLANDER which I plan to submit to a publisher by the end of the week.

Sales for my current novels are adding up, but I am seeking representation in order to get a book published in PRINT FORM. I have goals and met several in 2010. 2011 is a new year and I am looking forward to more success.

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment