Friday, March 10, 2023

Spring Ahead Equals Lose an Hour...maybe


In many areas across America, time zones keep up with the movement of the sun with what we call Daylight Savings Time which this year ends at 2 a.m. on March 12. Some people harp on the thought of losing an hour of sleep every spring. (Hey! We gain an extra hour in the fall.) 


How interesting that some places, such as the islands of Hawaii, do not reset their clocks. Ever. Come to think of it, Arizona does not go along with this idea either. I heard some other states as well as the Government of the United States is considering doing away with Daylight Savings. You might not know, but I remember that our country tried to eliminate it many decades ago. All too soon, parents complained about kids waiting for the bus in pitch darkness. Didn't last.



What will losing an hour of sleep do for me? Nothing. I am retired. I get up too early and sometimes have no idea what DAY it is, let alone the hour. I have so many projects and a ton of medical appointments (for me and many family members) so I set alarms for the important items and fill my day with projects. Getting back to writing books can take its toll, but I enjoy it almost as much as reading books.

My next book The Rogues Ring will be released on May 12th. Two months away from now sounds like a long time, but then I look at a calendar I wonder how am I going to get it all done?

Calming down, I remember my 10 steps for writing and publishing in 2023 and continue the work needed to have a great book release. I have plans for Amazon gift card giveaways, so make sure you hear about all the plans by receiving my newsletter. You can sign-up HERE

Nancy Lee Badger

p.s. don't forget to reset your clocks!



No comments:

Post a Comment