Friday, January 14, 2022

A New Year and a New Start


It is January 2022 and I am thankful I am here! The road ahead is still filled with danger but I am hopeful the trip will be fantastic. The pandemic is dragging on. We got our THIRD shot and just updated our masks to KN95 (thanks for giving us some, Sis!)

While we all hope for life to return to 'normal', many of us understand that the word 'normal' might never describe life in the United States. Snow is due in a few days, which people all agree is both pretty and a headache. Here in North Carolina, it is usually only experienced once a winter.

Even so, there is hope. I was throwing carrots onto the lawn for our wild rabbits that hop around and saw these:

 


Last fall, I filled in the divot in the ground where they bloom because all summer I kept tripping into it. I was very surprised yesterday to see these hardy daffodils pushing up through the frozen dirt. This makes me very hopeful: life goes on.

I am back writing and working, specifically, on the next book in my Treasure Tales series, which follows Love, Hamish, The earl's Treasure, and The Duke's Diamond. I also find time to read and listen to audio books. Currently reading Sold on You by Cheyenne McCray and listening in the car to Joy to the Wolves by Terry Spear.

So, grab a book (see all of mine HERE) and stay healthy and protected for the long haul.

Nancy Lee Badger

Writing Romance since 2010

1 comment:

  1. I'm currently reading two books. One is a romance novel and the other a detective story. Looking forward to your next book in the Treasure Tale series.

    ReplyDelete