Friday, February 7, 2020

Life's a Beach


I recently spent a couple of days with darling hubby at a hotel on Atlantic Boulevard in Virginia Beach, Virginia and enjoyed the beach. The air was cool, and the wind was not too strong, but there were enough waves to make the half-a-dozen surfers happy. We walked along the boardwalk and in the sand, both damp from an overnight rain, but we didn't care.

Enjoying the ocean air is something I regret I have little chance doing. Raleigh, North Carolina, where I live, is about 3 to 4 hours from the coast. Growing up within walking distance of the north shore of Long Island and a half-hour away from the Jones Beach and Fire Island, I need my *fix* every few months.

Many times I get this from visiting my folks in the Daytona Beach area. However, Dad passed away last February and Mom has sold her house, so we have arrived at the ending of an era. She will enjoy living close to her three daughters in Raleigh, but I will miss her house near the ocean. I guess it is time to get back to writing.

Thanks for listening...   
Nancy at Daytona Beach
 


Bye-the-way,

SPARK is on sale 
for $.99 (US)
Find Buy Links HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment