Monday, November 9, 2015

Happy Friday the 13th from Nancy Lee Badger



One of the Cats living at the Dayton Beach VA Home with my Dad


The number 13 and Friday, mentioned in mythological, spiritual and religious traditions, means something different to many people. I hear that Scientists wonder about all the hype about Friday the 13th, since during a 400-year period, the 13th falls on a Friday more than any other day: 688 times.


November 13th brings on the northern hemisphere's dark and dreary months, followed by winter. Do you believe in black cats being unlucky? Do you avoid walking under ladders? Do you have other superstitions that govern your days? Whatever you believe, know that I am embracing the day and using the vibrant energy because I was born on Friday the 13th.


Yes, the 13th means something different to me and my mom. She delivered me, her first child, around 8 o’clock, at night, on Friday, November 13th  (many, many years ago).

For many pagans, 13 is a lucky number, because it corresponds with the number of full moons each year, but I celebrate each and every Friday the 13th as extra birthdays. I don't COUNT them as birthdays, of course. The older you get, the more you will understand. Trust me.





See all my book buy links HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment