Friday, November 3, 2023

Hug Them Before They are Gone



Just got the news that another member of my parents' generation has passed away. If my calculations are correct, I have three (that is only 3) that are related to me as an aunt or uncle. Seeing as how I turn 70 soon, enjoying them while we can makes sense. Due to distance, it is rare to meet with them in person, but I do what I can with emails, letters, and social media.

Does this latest death make me feel that time is slipping away for me? YES! A recent heart surgery plus the bad fall that broke several of my bones last Spring can worry anyone. So, I will reach out to my cousins and let them know the loss of their family member hurts me as well. A simple card might not mean much, but I will do what I can. I would love to attend the funeral but the 600+ miles from here might not be feasible (did I mention recent heart surgery?)

Telling my sons about the passing was hard because they did not grow up near them, but they see the photos and understand what the loss means to me and my mom and sisters. What I have learned is that the world needs more HUGS!


In mourning,

Nancy Lee Badger


No comments:

Post a Comment