Friday, October 22, 2021

Highland Games and a Highland Bull

The New Hampshire Highland Games, presented by NHScot.org, resumed last month and I am glad my husband, son, and I could attend. Taking a year off from driving from Raleigh, NC to Lincoln, NH gave us a breather, but being back was awesome.

We are all long-time volunteers and enjoyed seeing familiar faces as well as 'newbies'...visitors and volunteers that have never attended these games.

The games were smaller with a ton less people because of the state's Covid-19 rules, but the weather was mostly lovely and I had fun.

As I am always on the lookout to promote my profession as a writer of romance novels, I brought print copies of Love, Hamish. Imagine my surprise when my main character (a Highland bull) jumped right of the page!

Never before have Highland cows been a part of these games and I hope they continue in the future. 

Caption: Maggie and June from the Miles Smith Farm
located in Loudon, New Hampshire

Make a note of the date for the 2022 NH Highland Games:

SEPTEMBER 16, 17, and 18

No comments:

Post a Comment