Friday, July 16, 2021

Patriotic Parfaits by Nancy Lee Badger


I have been terribly busy this month: three days of Jury Duty, several doctor appointments, one surgery, exercising and swimming... but I made these parfaits for our recent get-together of the family. I cheated a bit (busy, right?) and used a yellow cake mix that my sister found. 

It is SUGAR FREE and smells and tastes exactly like a cake should. This made the creation easy, so I thought someone out there might enjoy making it, too.

Nancy's Red-White-&=Blue Parfaits

Pillsbury SUGAR FREE Yellow Cake mix (or Regular cake mix)

*cook as directed using 1 cup water, 1/3 cup oil, and 3 eggs)

Strawberries, hulled and sliced

Blueberries

Sugar Free Cool Whip or Whipped Cream

Clear Glasses

Bake cake as directed. Cool, then cut into small hunks. Place some in bottom of a glass. Top with some berries. Add some whipped cream. Add more cake, berries, and cream. Place two blueberries and a slice of strawberry on top for color. Yum!

I assembled them after our dinner, and served them to my family right away. Fresh and cool and sugar-free. My Christmas in July theme this month is to help celebrate the release of my new book.

You can find all buy links for 

this book and others HERE

Happy summer!

Nancy Lee Badger




No comments:

Post a Comment