Wednesday, March 21, 2012

MY FIRST WRITING AWARD!

I was thrilled to hear, last month, that my first self-published title, DRAGON IN THE MIST, was a finalist in its category in the Silken Sands Self-Published STARS contest.

A month of finger crossing and prayers while I continued to work on  my next manuscript came to the best conclusion I could have hoped for.

I WON!


I was even more surprised to get the photo of my prize from fellow-author Rashda Khan who graciously accepted the award for me at the Gulf Coast Romance Writers of America Chapter’s conference this past weekend.

Thanks, Rashda! (check out her website HOT CURRIES & COLD BEER )

DRAGON IN THE MIST was my first attempt to self-publish and I was happy to see a contest open only to self-published novels. How else can I get readers to see that my book is a fun-filled contemporary fantasy that happens to include the Loch Ness Monster and a present-day American geoligist?

Intrigued? Check out the book blurb at
Amazon,
Barnes & Noble,
or Smashwords only $.99

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment