Monday, October 31, 2011

ANNUAL MAMMOGRAMS. DO IT!

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (NBCAM). Since the program began in 1985, mammography rates have more than doubled for women age 50 and older and breast cancer deaths have declined. This is great news! And the relief of knowing you are okay is sweet and worth the few minutes of discomfort!

I had my annual mammogram last Thursday. Since I left last year with an appointment card in my hand, I knew this day was coming for 12 months. No, it is not my favorite exam, but I believe the peace-of-mind is worth the time it takes to drive to the clinic, and have the test. I have had mammograms for over 20 years because I have lost too many friends as well as a beloved aunt to breast cancer.

I have many more books to write. Having the test on Thursday, and recieving the letter stating I am cancer-free on Saturday made my weekend. Knowing I am healthy is one more stress removed. October is Breast Cancer awareness month, so get your mammogram today!
 
Nancy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment