Saturday, June 28, 2014

Home from a Trip Where I Wrote 17k New Words!

Me at a waterfall in Myrtle Beach-close enough!
An opportunity arose to accompany one of my sisters to a veterinary conference in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I agreed and we decided to head to Florida first, to visit our parents. Dad just turned 89, and it had been some time since we had made the 550+ mile trip to their beautiful home.

Eating out, visiting other relatives, driving the golf cart around the huge gated community, and swimming in the pool were relaxing, yet I still found some private moments to work on promotion and write chapters in my new book.
Marina Inn at Grande Dunes

When we arrived at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes in Myrtle Beach, we enjoyed a lovely visit. I woke up at 6:15 each morning to grab free coffee in the lobby at 6:45 and watch my sister take the shuttle bus to the conference hotel a mile away. 

I wrote, I swam, I wrote, then headed to the luxurious lobby every afternoon to write while I waited for free cookies and lemonade at 3:00.  I then waited for my sister to arrive, and we made our evening plans. We had dinner at Ruth Chris' Steak House, and Joe's Crab Shack. Yum! (and, according to yesterday's doctor visit, I only gained 1/2 lb!)
View from our 7th floor balcony

Our 2 bedroom, 2 bath, full kitchen suite overlooking the pool and the marina was beautiful, and during the writing sessions, where I also did a lot of editing, I wrote over 17,000 new words! Good words, too, and my story is headed close to its ending. It is the second book in my Kilted Athletes Through Time series, and I cannot wait to share it with you. For now, enjoy the trip photos.

Nancy Lee Badger
Nancy Lee Badger loves chocolate-chip shortbread and wool plaids wrapped around the trim waist of a Scottish Highlander. Her stories tempt you with the clang of broadswords, and the sound of bagpipes in the air.After growing up in Huntington, New York, and raising two handsome sons in New Hampshire, she moved to North Carolina where she writes full-time. Nancy is a member of Romance Writers of America, Heart of Carolina Romance Writers, Fantasy-Futuristic & Paranormal Romance Writers, Triangle Area Freelancers, and the Celtic Heart Romance Writers.  

See all Buy Links for My Lady Highlander HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment