Monday, May 15, 2017

Writing at the Beach!

Angry waves
I had an opportunity to join my sister on a trip to the beach. While she attended workshops on a totally different subject, I was able to sit and edit manuscripts. 

The weather was cloudy and drizzling, but it calmed down enough Saturday night so I could walk out onto the Kitty Hawk Pier. The pier was heavily damaged during last October's visit by Hurricane Mathew, and that stung, as it is used by dozens
Kitty Hawk Pier
of brides for their weddings. In fact, a wedding had just occurred, and the festivities went on into the night. (I peeked at the party inside the building!)


The lobby of the Hilton Garden Inn in Kill Devil Hills (same area on the Outer Banks of North Carolina with Kitty Hawk and Nags
Head) and I enjoyed coffee while watching people until returning to the room to update my manuscripts in my computer before enjoying meals at fabulous local restaurants like Captain George's, the Dunes, and Tortuga Lie.

We woke to blue skies and warm weather on Sunday, but after a short stop at Duck Donuts for a sweet breakfast, headed home to Raleigh. 

A writer spends many months polishing their craft, editing their stories, and typing, typing, typing! A new series is in the works, due to be released in quick succession this summer, so stay tuned via my blog or my Amazon Author Page. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment