Monday, February 2, 2015

Highland Games are NOT to be Missed!

I met a woman today at my local KFC Restaurant. Since I was wearing my new fleece jacket with the New Hampshire Highland Games logo on the left breast, she and I started talking about Highland games. These Scottish events take place in several North Carolina locations, and I recommended the Loch Norman Highland Games held ever spring at the Rural Hill Historic site in Huntersville, NC. For someone who has never attended one of these Scottish festivals, a small one like this one is perfect.

If you have a hankerin' to attend a Scottish festival, here are a few links to ones I have attended and recommend:

Historic Rural Hill

Loch Norman Highland Games

Grandfather Mountain Highland Games

Scotland County Highland Games

NH Highland Games and Festival

Quechee Scottish Festival and Celtic Fair

Maine Highland Games

Pugwash Highland Festival 










Nancy Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment