Friday, November 4, 2011

HUG A VETERAN

November 11th is Veteran's Day here in America. This year it lands on 11*11*11. The signifigance is not lost on many. The celebration is always held on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. This year will be the first time all the numbers line up.

Speaking of lining up, I plan to watch my son march in our local parade with his fellow reservists. I cannot help being proud, and came across this quote. Unless you are in the military, or are part of a military family, or the mother of a soldier (like me), these words might not mean much. I hope you read them, feel them, and thank a soldier.
My son Eric is on the far right!

Theirs is not to make reply. Theirs is not to reason why, Theirs is but to do and die. -Alfred, Lord Tennyson



No comments:

Post a Comment